Reads Smart Card and MagStripe Cards
Proximity smart card reading technology meets magnetic stripe reading technology with the hybrid OmniFare™ Card Reader. Customers will appreciate the versatility of a card reader that reads Mifare contactless cards, as well as MagStripe cards. The OmniFare reads data from a variety of contactless sources, including cards, key fobs and other tokens. The OmniFare is offered with RS232 and USB-HID interfaces.
Easy to Use
The OmniFare is designed for a variety of access control and individual identification applications. The unit can be mounted on a countertop. Clear visibility of the LED panel on the top makes it easy for users to view that they’ve completed a successful read operation.
The OmniFare is made to withstand daily use and wear. The rugged design provides protection from vandalism and allows weather-resistant operation. Its housing is constructed of a sturdy base, an impact-resistant cover, and a stainless steel card slot wear plate. Options include weatherproof, sealed, or extended temperature versions for more harsh and wet environments.
- Contactless and MagStripe in one card reader
- USB HID or RS232 interfaces
- Designed for vandal resistance, rugged use, and weather resistant operation
- Reliable MagStripe reader for a minimum of 1,000,000 passes
- Contactless Functionality reads cards within 4cm of landing area
- Signifies successful reads with a beeper and LED indicator
- Great drop-in replacement for existing installations