Reads MagStripes & Bar Codes
The Omni reads up to 3 tracks of information with a single swipe in either direction. In combination, the same Omni unit can read both bar code and MagStripe media. It scans bar codes printed on paper, card stock, or plastic. An infrared option is available for security-based applications, where bar codes are over-printed to prevent duplication. The data outputs are TTL, RS232, keyboard wedge, USB/KB, USB/RS232, and Wiegand interfaces.
Edits and Formats Data
The Omni’s output can be formatted with terminating characters, special preamble and/or postamble character strings, and special parsing to match the data format expected by the terminal. These settings are programmed into the reader and stored in non-volatile memory.
Stands Up to Heavy Use
The Omni reader is designed for demanding applitions, such as for access control or in self-service kiosks. Its die-cast metal base, stainless steel wearplate, and impact-resistant housing make it ideal for stand-alone, high-volume applications. Its metal base can be securely mounted with screws, and cable exits are available at the side, end, or bottom of the unit. Weatherproof, sealed, or extended temperature versions are available for
use in harsh environments.
- TTL, KB, RS232, USB/KB, USB/RS232 and Wiegand interfaces
- Reads most bar codes symbologies and/or MagStripe Data
- Superior reading of jitter, scratched, and worn MagStripe cards
- Dual sided MagStripe head versions available
- Die-cast metal plate allows flexible mounting options
- Rugged weatherproof design with sealed or extended temperature options
- Reliable for a minimum of 1,000,000 passes
- Signifies successful reads with a beeper and LED indicator
- Data output can be programmed into needed format
- Read up to 3 tracks of information
- Threaded inserts for easy and flexible mounting