Streamline your surveillance experience
A new desktop client with a familiar user interface that delivers two times faster live view and timeline launching. Multiple streaming technology that improves your experience when watching live views and taking recordings. Flexible failover allows you to maximize system uptime with the least hardware investment. All those improvements, and more, make Surveillance Station even more optimized, streamlined, and secure.
Surveillance Station Client
Surveillance Station Client1 has been designed to maximize the use of your computer’s power, letting you watch more video streams on the same monitor. In addition, supporting H.265 codec allows more cameras to be recognized, reducing bandwidth and storage consumption. Surveillance Station Client also exists in a portable version, allowing security personnel to manage their deployment without installation.
DPI scaling enhances your monitoring and management experience on high resolution displays, as the size of fonts and icons on the user interface will be adjusted automatically.
Multiple streaming technology
Surveillance Station 8.0 supports multiple streaming and smart recording, bringing your surveillance efficiency to the next level.
Refined monitoring experience
With support for multiple streaming, the resolution of live feeds from high-end cameras on the Live View panel can be automatically adjusted based on the size of the monitoring window or when an event is triggered, saving network consumption and computing power when watching multiple live views. Moreover, viewing resolution can be adjusted manually on the fly.
When watching multiple channels on small windows, live feeds will be adjusted to lower resolution.
When watching a specific event in a big window, the live feed will be adjusted to the highest resolution. Multiple channelsOne channel
Maximizing storage utilization
Worried about your recordings consuming too much storage space? By enabling Advanced Continuous Recording, you can use your storage space effectively. Pre-defined events will be recorded in the highest resolution for future analysis. Regular recordings will be saved in lower resolution.
Advanced Action rule
In Surveillance Station 8.0, Action Rule supports more advanced action rules and events, letting you enjoy the most automated Surveillance Station yet. Moreover, by taking advantage of the support of logical operators and multiple events, you can flexibly set up automatic surveillance functions for multiple events, letting actions be triggered when one or all of the pre-defined criteria is met.
For large-scale deployment, mirroring each recording server can be costly. The new Synology CMS allows users to set up one or more spare servers. In case of server malfunction, the CMS host will redirect all camera streams and services from the faulty unit to a failover server. Triggered either automatically or manually based on a predefined scenario, the failover on CMS minimizes downtime for your installation.
New Failover Solution
Flexible installation: One recording server can pair with one or more failover servers; likewise, one failover server can pair with more than one recording server.
Current Backup Method
Each recording server has to be paired with a passive server via Synology high-availability to achieve server redundancy. New Failover SolutionCurrent Backup Method
Failover settings based on your needs
The CMS allows users to customize the failover settings that best suit their needs.
- Users can define the conditions that will trigger failover automatically by CMS.
- Manual failover can be performed at any time, without readjusting the automatic failover setting.
- The failover server can either take over the entire recording server’s live view, recording tasks, and all the other services, or only take over live view services.
Recordings failback or replace your servers
Once the malfunction server recovers, the failover server will perform the failback process, moving the recordings, snapshots and data during the time when initial server is under maintenance, so that all of your recordings will be centralized at the same place. If the initial server cannot be recovered, failover server can be set up to replace the initial server on the CMS structure.
The Next generation codec
Supporting H.265 on the desktop client and web browser allows you to save one third of the network bandwidth when watching live views and taking recordings compared to H.264. In addition to H.265, an optimized H.264+ designed by Hikvision®, and Smart Stream by ZAVIO® are also supported in Surveillance Station 8.0 beta.
ACAP plug-ins support
Built-in camera IVA tools are now supported on Synology Surveillance Station. This will help enlarge the IVA support function, and offload calculation tasks from computer to cameras’ own computing power, so more IVAs can be performed simultaneously. Surveillance Station 8.0 supports ACAP plugins2, letting you enjoy more advanced video analysis features, such as Video Motion Detection 3, Digital Autotracking, Cross-line detection, and Perimeter Defender, on your Surveillance Station.
VS360HD is compact, energy-efficient, and incredibly flexible, allowing you to effortlessly monitor your environment without needing a computer. Now, you can turn your VS360HD into a more powerful decoding system by simply upgrading its firmware, allowing you to enjoy almost all of the Surveillance Station features3 such as multitasking user interface and comprehensive user privilege management tools. Better yet, with the refined pairing mechanism, you can easily access Surveillance Station anywhere by simply entering its IP address, enhancing the flexibility for surveillance deployment.
- Pop-out Video Notification: Supporting pop-up notification allows events that matched pre-defined criteria to be automatically displayed on the Live View panel.
- Passive Infrared (PIR) detection support: PIR technology helps identify living creatures’ movements in dark environments. Detected events are recorded and highlighted on the interface for users to take advantage of the technology and Action Rule with customizable conditions and reactions. See all the PIR-enabled cameras here.
- Backup: Synology users can utilize the DSM-based Cloud Sync and Cloud Station to back up the recordings to other servers, desktop computers or public cloud service providers in real time, helping you to store your critical recording at different physical locations.
- Built-in server search: Built-in server search makes security personnel’s life easier, as they can connect to the right Surveillance Station from a complete list of Synology NAS and NVR servers within the local network on the login page efficiently, without having to install additional software.
1. Surveillance Station Client is now available on Windows platform, and will be available on Mac platform soon.
2. AXIS® Camera Application Platform (ACAP) is an open platform for users to install supplementary applications on Axis® network cameras.
3. Some of the features on Surveillance Station are not yet available on the VS360HD.