Synology® Inc. today announced the beta availability of Synology Router Manager (SRM) 1.1, its intuitive and powerful management software for the Synology Router RT1900ac.
SRM 1.1 beta delivers more professional network management and analysis tools for enthusiasts and home office environments, allowing users to secure their network and assess bandwidth requirements.
"Since the early stages of developing Synology Router Manager, one of the major goals was to bring powerful, professional networking tools to everyday users," said Tego Chang, Product Manager at Synology Inc. "With the beta release of SRM 1.1., we're continuing to deliver on that promise with new features allowing users to set up a secure and intelligent network for their homes and small offices."
New features in SRM 1.1 beta include the following:
- Smart Connect: With Smart Connect, devices are connected to the most appropriate band – 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz – automatically according to preset or customizable criteria, letting users experience the best Wi-Fi without worrying about technical details.
- Smart WAN: For those who need uninterrupted network connectivity, Smart WAN allows Synology Router RT1900ac to connect to the Internet via two network interfaces, allowing for automatic network failover or load balancing. Customizable routing policies make it possible to route traffic through a specific interface according to the destination or source address.
- Traffic reports: With the ability to generate easy to understand reports detailing traffic over a specific period of time, network administrators can better understand network requirements, check if certain devices or applications are consuming too much bandwidth, and investigate security concerns.
- Intrusion Prevention: With the intrusion detection system (IDS) and intrusion prevention system (IPS), SRM 1.1 beta can analyze network traffic in order to detect and block malicious packets and requests from entering the user's local network.
- Content filtering: Parental control and traffic filtering now includes Google SafeSearch integration and the ability to add three customizable profiles to fine-tune and block access for different family members or employees.
- File syncing and backup: SRM 1.1 beta supports running Synology's popular Cloud Station Suite, allowing users to set up a private file syncing server or back up files from Windows, Mac, and Linux computers in real time with the Cloud Station Backup application.
For more details regarding SRM 1.1 beta, please visit http://sy.to/srm11betapr.
Synology will award a Synology Router RT1900ac to the three beta testers who provide the most valuable assistance during the Beta Program. For more details, please visit http://sy.to/betasrm11pr.
Synology Router Manager (SRM) 1.1 beta is free to download and can be installed on Synology Router RT1900ac.