Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Twitter

Products' We Represent


Subscribe

captcha 
Fuji Xerox heavily invests in R&D to stay competitive
Thursday, 13 December 2012 00:00

Fuji Xerox Co Ltd (Fuji Xerox) is investing seven to eight per cent of its total revenue worldwide on research and development (R&D) annually, translating to about US$800 million or RM2.4 billion.

Its investment in R&D is also the largest among all the document companies in the world, Fuji Xerox Asia Pacific Pte Ltd president Sunil Gupta told The Borneo Post recently.

“Our R&D focuses on addressing the management challenges of our customers in the area of document service and communication to build an environment for the creation and effective utilisation of knowledge.

“We focus not just on the output of the hardcopy but the input and process throughout the enterprise of that document,” he pointed out.

In addition, Fuji Xerox is also embarking on the new pad of mobility, which means all its users would be able to print anywhere and anytime on its equipment using mobile platform.

“This will give them the capability to store their documents in our own cloud system and will be able to print documents on the go,” he added.

Fuji Xerox Hong Kong had developed a Fuji Xerox Cloud Print App which enable the users to locate the most convienient print shop branch when they are out of the office and send their print job there. The completed print job can then be picked up at the chosen print whenever they want.

Gupta further pointed out that apart from being technologically high-tech, Fuji Xerox is also clamping on its aim to create an environmental friendly products.

In order to achieve its ecology and safety vision, it had been addressing the three main environmental issues – prevention of global warming, conservation of natural resources and reduction of hazardous chemical substances.

“We have been developing technologies which enable the efficient reuse of parts and the recycling of materials. In Malaysia, we collected 99.8 per cent of what we sell and reused all of that. The remaining 0.2 per cent are burned and place in proper storage,” he explained.

On the other hand, Fuji Xerox has also recently acquired the business process outsourcing division of Australia’s largest business service provider Salmat Ltd, which will take Fuji Xerox a step closer to being a service-driven company.

“Fuji Xerox is strongly promoting the business shift from the hardware-centric business offering multifunction devices and printers to the solutions and services business. The acquisition will give us the capability to do outsourcing in all of Asia,” he added.

In Malaysia, Fuji Xerox has five branches located in Johor, Penang, Melaka, Sarawak and Sabah, with approximately 16 dealers nationwide. “We are looking at every possibility for us to increase our coverage either through our direct sales force or through our dealers and partners.

“We are always committed to both the distribution channels and will soon implement a new strategy in the next three to six months,” Gupta concluded.

 

ACE Featured Products

DUB-H7 USB Hub
DUB-H7 USB Hub
Call for Pricing
DIR-890L WiFi Routers
DIR-890L WiFi Routers
Call for Pricing
QNAP TVS-871
QNAP TVS-871
Call for Pricing
Disk Station DS1817+ (Plus Series)
Disk Station DS1817+ (Plus Series)
Call for Pricing
Disk Station DS1515
Disk Station DS1515
Call for Pricing
i1190WN Scanner
i1190WN Scanner
Call for Pricing
QNAP TVS-863
QNAP TVS-863
Call for Pricing
Intuos5 Small Pen
Intuos5 Small Pen
$250

Latest News

  • Seagate designs and manufactures the most versatile and dependable high-capacity hard drives available. From
    Synology® Inc. is aware of a new processor erratum discovered in the Intel® Atom™ C2000 family. After in-depth investigation, the possibility of seeing accelerated degradation of a...
  • Synology® Inc. today announced that Vic Hsu, Vice President of the System and Enterprise Group, will extend his responsibilities to assume the role of Chief Executive Officer, effe...
  • Protect your business, home, and other environments with a reliable and intuitive surveillance system.Surveillance Station delivers intelligent monitoring and video management tool...
  • Synology® Inc. today announced the official release of Surveillance Station 8.0, delivering a new and efficient desktop client, smart multiple streaming technology, and painless ...