|How Business Voip Is Environmentally Friendly|
|Friday, 18 December 2009 00:00|
Businesses these days are expected to be environmentally friendly. Using a VoIP solution for all types of internal and external communication can make a huge difference in the environmental friendliness of a business.
VoIP allows all communication from webcam meetings to conference calls and fax needs to be easily combined under one umbrella. This saves resources by enabling one avenue to be used for all communication needs.
1. VoIP can eliminate the waste of fax and copy paper.
2. VoIP can cut down on carbon emissions by providing a way for employees to work from home. Every employee who limits their travel reduces on their carbon footprint.
3. VoIP eliminates quickly outdated telephone systems reducing the amount of discarded equipment in landfills. This means less toxic material is introduced into the environment.
4. VoIP brings to the table a a comprehensive communications solution which is eco friendly and allows multiple tasks to be performed simultaneously from geographically separate locations.
5. VoIP delivers a safe, eco-friendly way to make local, long distance and international calls easy without the need to resort to less than desirable methods.
6. VoIP doesn’t require miles of costly wire coated in unsafe substances to be used which leave traces of dangerous chemicals in the ground.
Using VoIP allows companies to present an eco-friendly face to the public. By implementing the use of environmentally sound processes, these businesses force rivals in the industry to follow suit. The results in a better, greener world and everyone benefits.
Also, companies can utilize outsourced VoIP services to provide an additional reduction in used resources such as air conditioning or heat required by additional office space
According to a report published by the Texas Transportation Institute travelers spend the equivalent of one full work week each year waiting on expressways. The corresponding amount of carbon emissions could be eliminated simply by permitting workers to telecommute.
If you consider the helpful results of using business related VoIP services, including less paper used because of paperless fax, reduced carbon footprint resulting from telecommuting and lower electric usage due to outsourcing, there is a significant positive impact on the environment
All of these reasons should inspire small business owners to carefully evaluate their stance on environmental responsibility. Start using VoIP for your company now and go a little greener!